Enter your details and we'll send you a sample workbook.
Certificate IV in Workplace & Business Coaching (10535NAT)
The Certificate IV in Workplace and Business Coaching (10535NAT) provides you with all the core skills to have coaching conversations with individuals and your team in the workplace. It’s our flagship qualification that gets you coaching at the international standard whilst building your coaching toolkit
At the conclusion of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Ask better questions and start “really” listening (rather than jumping in)
- Coach people through change and conflict
- Encourage feedback and have better conversations
- Move from a telling and directing approach to an approach that engages and motivates people
- Gain time back through developing and leading your team and delegating
- Build better relationships with your peers, customers, management
- Identify learning styles in others in order to communicate with them better
- Set goals, coach yourself and your team for higher performance and to take action
- Have successful performance management conversations
- Align team values and vision to organisational strategy
- Use a whole range of coaching tools in different workplace scenarios
Who is the program for?
People who will benefit from the qualification include:
- People who are looking for coaching skills to coach in the workplace and even to start your own coaching business
- People who are ‘doing coaching already’ in the workplace or have had exposure or people tell them that they are a great coach – and you want to get recognised for that.
- Experienced consultants or coaches who want to add coaching tools and frameworks and a qualification to their portfolio.
- Managers or individuals who want to coach their team or the people around them.
- Coaches who want to upgrade their existing qualifications or upgrade ‘certificates’ that they have received to a government accredited qualification.
- People who are wanting to explore coaching for personal or career advancement purposes.
- L&D or HR practitioners or leaders who want to lead a group to achieve their coaching qualifications to be coaching the workplace and want a straight forward, cost effective way to do that
Ideally if you have access to a team or people around that you can coach that will be perfect, because it provides you with all the practical experience that you need, and the motivation to keep going. Maybe there is a group of people at work that can do the on-line program together? You can talk to us more about that. If you don’t have a team or a formal ‘workplace’ you can still tap into the Open Door community and Alumni of coaches who are always willing to ‘coach’ or ‘be coached’.
What are the Units of Competency that I will be achieving?
This program is nationally recognised. There are 10 units of competency in the qualification – 7 core units and 3 electives. These are as follows:
WBCRAW401A: Develop self-awareness, responsibility and accountability in the workplace
WBCRIT402A: Develop rapport with individuals and teams in the workplace
WBCCIT403A: Coach individuals and teams in the workplace
WBCCMW404A: Apply coaching models to workplace scenarios
WBCFBW405A: Facilitate individual and teams vision, values and behaviours in the workplace
BSBWOR401A: Establish effective workplace relationships
TAEDEL402A: Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
BSBMGT401A: Show leadership in the workplace
BSBREL402A: Build client relationships and business networks
BSBWOR402A: Promote team effectiveness.
Face to Face
Come to one of our four day courses and kick start your coaching skills. During the four days, we focus on learning all the coaching tools, frameworks and methods, with an emphasis on practice. At the end of the last day, you’ll feel confident and comfort]able in your coaching abilities. Because we only have small group sizes, you get unprecedented access to your facilitator during the course to answer your questions. They’ll also give you expert feedback and support to ensure you are coaching at your best. After the four days you have 6 months to complete your assessments. More information on assessment requirements is below.
Online study is perfect if you can’t get to one of our face to face coaching programs, or if you prefer the flexibility to study when you want to. You can start anytime you like and work through the program at your own pace, supported along the way by the expert team at Open Door Coaching. We have students studying with us online from all over the world, and you can too.
Recognition of Prior Learning
For successful completion and accreditation, you need to achieve competency in specific ‘units’ of competency. Typically competency is achieved by ‘physical’ performance or by providing evidence and documentation that reflects the previous achievement of that competency. If you have skills and experience that meet the competencies of the Certificate IV, recognition of this learning is also potentially possible.
To discuss our RPL process, make a time with us, or call 1300 006 324.
Direct Credit Transfer
We also enable participants to receive direct credits for applicable study previously undertaken and recognition of prior learning as applicable.
Which option is best for me?
Not sure which option is best for you? Book a time with us for an obligation free discussion, by clicking here.
Upcoming Course Dates
Choose any set of dates below. You only need to attend one block of training to commence your program.
Dates don’t work, but keen on face to face training?
You get immediate access to all the learning materials when you enrol, so you can start working through the program now, and come along to dates that do work. Easy!
9-12 July 2019
22-25 October 2019
18-21 June 2019
20-23 August 2019
19-22 November 2019
27-30 August 2019
26 -28 November 2019
16-19 July 2019
All courses include:
- Access to private student networking groups on Facebook and LinkedIn
- Access to our weekly coaching café webinars (even after you’ve finished your course!)
- Full resources and toolkits
- MBTI Profile
- Outstanding student support by phone, email and online
Our courses have been purposefully designed to accommodate corporate and professional people – busy people who understand the demands of the workplace and the pressure of time. Accordingly, all training, course material completion and face to face activity is conducted mindful of an appropriate work/life balance. You’ll need to complete
- Practical workplace oaching of individuals and/or teams
- Attend live training (for face to face courses)
- Complete pre-course work
- Practical coaching workbooks and reading
- Participate in webinars (if possible)
- Complete an MBTI profile for your own self awareness
Upon completion you will achieve the nationally accredited Certificate IV in Workplace and Business Coaching(10535NAT). Our qualifications were Australia’s first Government accredited programs that provide the specific workplace and business coaching skills to ensure you become a leading coach in the workplace. As a Registered Training Organisation (21858), Open Door will issue your qualification and is committed to ensuring your receive the highest quality coach training. The Cert IV is aligned with the ICF Core Competency Framework, and completion of the certificate gives you access to gaining an ICF Credential. More information about ICF credentials can be found here.
How long will the course take and how many hours a week will I need?
Your enrolment fee includes six months of access to the materials and support to achieve your qualification. Extensions are available at a fee of $55 per month. Students tell us if they allow 2-3 hours a week, over the six months, that this is a realistic time frame for completion. Of course, everyone is different.
Is Open Door a Registered Training Organisation?
Yes we are. Provider number 21858.
Is Government Funding available?
Unfortunately we do not have access to Government Funding at this time.
I am an experienced coach. Can I get recognition for my skills?
Absolutely, We offer full Recognition of Prior Learning options to have your skills recognised. We highly recommend a conversation with us to determine your likelihood of gaining RPL. You can book a time to do that by clicking here, or calling 1300 006 324
Book a complementary discussion about the Certificate IV and how it can help you achieve your goals, or call us on 1300 006 324.